Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Preparations for Ridgecrest

I got the results of Calico's blood test yesterday; she's negative for Coggins. All my paperwork is in order for the trip now. I've order a new closed-cell foam pad to use with her saddle blanket to give her a little more cushion from my weight. Also, I ordered some Professional's Choice Sport medicine boots for her front legs. I'll have to see if they will work with her hoof boots. I've been making lists of things I want to be sure to bring on the trip; for the rider, for the horse, for the saddle bags, grooming supplies, tools, feed. Selina and Justin are coming along to crew for us. It's nice to have some family support. I've spent a ton of money in the last couple of weeks, but next time I won't have to because it's mostly been on gear. I guess that's the joke, there's always more gear to buy isn't there. I think I'm pretty set for now, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment