Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Series of Firsts

It seems that every time I post to the blog in the past few months, I start by saying, 'This was the first time Cali .....'. I'm sure there will come a time when I'm sharing ride stories or lessons learned on the trail, but for now everything is a first-time for us. She went in the new arena for the first time. I cantered with her for the first time. (That was huge!) Next week will be doing our first trail ride with another horse, and in less than three weeks, we'll be doing our first Limited Distance (35 miles) in Ridgecrest, CA. It's official; I mailed the ride application today!

Having a goal, a deadline, has been a wonderful incentive to help us progress quickly with our training. I have always heard that goals are just dreams with deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment