Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Working with the Trainer

I got some nice short clips of one of our training sessions with Robin, working off leg cues, which incidently, are exactly opposite of how I always rode her. Robin uses a right leg cue to push the right shoulder over for a left turn. I always used a right leg cue to yield the right hind-quarters for a steer-from-rear, right turn. I guess what I really want is to be able to control the shoulders because that's what she uses to try and run over me. I'm finally getting it. ( You were right, Jenny) She also worked on having Cali remain still and then worked with the distractions of other horses. Then it was my turn, I rode her at the trot while Robin rode another horse around us. I didn't get any video of that, darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment