Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Coming Home



Jenny, Dani, Grace and I drove down to Leona Valley, CA to pick up Spirit. Tedi said that it was too much for her to try to keep four horses and I was the only person that she would want Spirit to go to.  I know it wasn't easy for her to part with this gorgeous mare. I hadn't seen her for two and a half years. The last time I had worked with her was before I knew I was pregnant with Philip. Tedi  moved her to California shortly after he was born. I wasn't sure how she would handle loading in the trailer, leaving her herd. She's never been separated from her mother. I would be taking her to a boarding facility that was very different from the pasture on 10 acres she'd grown used to. I couldn't sleep for a week before we left. I carefully planned the trip and tried to anticipate any problems, which could be many.

We left at 5 am on Friday, January 30th. We returned to Las Vegas at 5:30 pm. Everything went according to plan. I liked the way she turned around in the trailer, hesitated a moment then , jumped down and waited to be led to her stall. She seemed fine. I can't believe she's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment